For driving directions click here.
For the RTA Route click here.
Helping Children Around The World Through Adoption.
At Family Resource Center, our mission is to
- Find permanent loving adoptive
families for children from around the world regardless
of the child's race, economic status or special
- Safeguard the best interests and
welfare of children placed in our care.
- Advance the practice of adoption
- Incorporated as an Illinois
not-for-profit organization - April 1987
- Granted tax-exempt status - December
- Opened office in Chicago - August
- Granted Illinois Child Welfare
Agency License - September 1988
- Began conducting home studies and
interviewing families - September 1988
- First children placed for adoption
through domestic program - March 1989
- Approved by China Center for Adoption
Affairs to work with Chinese orphans - November 1995
- Purchased building to house offices
and provide birth mother accommodation - September
- Move into offices - February
- First group of FRC families travels
to China to adopt their daughters - May 1995
- FRC introduces its Ukraine Program
- January 2002
- Accredited by Council on Accreditation
(COA) - June 2003
- Hague Accreditation - February 29, 2008
- Reaccredited COA - June 2008